1. Welcome: Objectives of the Meeting – 5 minutes
David B. will speak to the objectives of the meeting, which are embodied in this agenda.
2. Listen First: Successes & Goals – 20 minutes
We will hear from each person about a successful action they have taken to strengthen their own response capability, and about an unmet goal they want to achieve.
3. Introduction to the Doctrine – 10 minutes
David B. will introduce the Neighborhood Earthquake Response Doctrine, a training tool he is proposing for use in our neighborhood.
4. Prizes and Surprises – 5 minutes
If you bring a working flashlight to the meeting, you will get a free light-stick. Then there will be a fun, surprise activity!
5. Which Team are you on? – 5 minutes
We will self-select into three Teams:
- People (and their needs), focusing on First Aid;
- Material (as in “the material world”), focusing on Search & Rescue;
- Information, focusing on Radio Communication.
6. Team planning huddles – 20 minutes
Each team will have a preliminary planning huddle to say hello and brain-storm objectives for their team. Because of the short time, the goal is not to agree, but rather to get many ideas on the table.
7. Reports and Wrap-Up – 10 minutes
We will hear a quick report from each team about the objectives they came up with. We will look forward to possible future meetings and plans.
Notes: There are two parking lots at the Phinney Center, one above and one below. (The meeting is above, in the blue building.) The entrance to each parking lot is on N 67th Street. For more information, e-mail David B. at email@example.com, or call or text 206-913-1021. Download a PDF version of this agenda.